Funding and Donations
Herscu Laboratory is in need of funding and donations to support current and future influenza research, as well as our ability to efficiently make the results of this research available and usable through avenues such as this website. As we have found in the literature, there is scant scientific evidence for the efficacy of homeopathy in specific disease areas. What is needed is more high quality clinical trials, and although we have begun this process with our own limited resources, it is critical that we get funding for large scale trials. Most of the effort that has gone into this work so far has been possible through the dedication of volunteers, and although that will continue to be the case we cannot move ahead with larger scale research, monitoring and tracking, and database and infrastructure development without new sources of funding.
We are now seeking funding sources for the following project areas:
- Controlled Homeopathic Studies on Influenza Treatment
- These are multicenter RCTs, ranging from moderate sizes with 25-75 people all the way up to study populations of 100-500 people
- Individual study costs range from $50,000 - $500,000+ for pilot studies through large multi-center controlled trials.
- Database Development and Population
- Including a fully functional database to track current influenza symptoms in order to develop real-time monitoring of genus epidemicus and shifting across time
- Database development and implementation costs estimated to be $30,000 - $100,000
- Literature Research and Publication
- Besides the types of reviews we have already developed for publication, we wish to publish more on the history of the Genus Epidemicus idea in homeopathy, as well as its scientific basis. We also have an ongoing commitment to publish the findings of our influenza trials.
- Public Health Infrastructure Projects
- Such as a CAM version of the CDC; something with the ability to automate the distribution of real-time information on flu relevant to CAM providers, as well as to conventional medicine providers utilizing CAM treatments
- This is a large project with costs that are hard to estimate, but likely >$500,000
If you are able to help fund these projects, make any general donation towards further research, or have any information or contacts regarding potential funding sources in these areas, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!